Sad news as a young boy, 14, identified as Ekene Emmanuel Ezeh, has been electrocuted in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory.
Speaking to Daily Trust, on Saturday, the father of the deceased, Mr. Augustine Ezeh, said that the incident happened last Wednesday afternoon, April 7, around 2:pm, when electricity was restored in the area.
According to Mr Ezeh, he was at his workshop when someone rushed in to alert him that his son had been electrocuted.
“I immediately rushed to see my son foaming from his nose and mouth, and when I grabbed him, his body shocked me too. I had to use a wooden bench to push him down,” he said.
Sadly, Ekene who was student of the Government Secondary School (GSS) Abaji, died before he arrived the Abaji General Hospital.
The remains of deceased which has been deposited at the general hospital’s morgue, would be conveyed to Igboeze Local Government Area of Enugu State for burial on Tuesday, April 14.