The University of British Columbia is inviting international undergraduate students from around the world to apply for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award. This scholarship is available to only students who have successfully gained admission to study an undergraduate course at the University of British Columbia.
Applicants are required to show superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, and recognized achievement in other key areas.
The scholarship is hosted every year, and students have the opportunity to renew the award for the next year. To renew the scholarship, International students will be required to put out excellent academic performance during the course of their studies in order to renew the award yearly.
The scholarship aims to provide funds for students who cannot afford to pay for their college education or have no sponsor. If you demonstrate a financial need and excellent academic performance from past academic achievements, then you may be considered for this prestigious award.
With a scholarship in Canada, students have a great chance to achieve greatness in their academics. The University of Manitoba has always tried to make life easier for students, providing financial aids, assistantship, and other avenues to help students afford their studies here.
The University of British Columbia in Canada
Level/Field of study:
Eligible undergraduate degrees offered by UBC
Number of Awards:
International students from any country in the world.
Students are Selected Based On:
- Involvement in the Student Affairs
- Leadership Skills
- Contribution to Community Service
- Achievement in athletics, performing art, creative writing, or debating.
The UBC Scholarship award covers student’s tuition costs for the duration of the course program. It also covers accommodation and other living costs. The award is also renewable each year depending on academic performance.
The Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award is also proportional to student’s financial needs which are determined by totaling tuition, fees, and living costs and subtracting the financial contribution you and your family can make each year. Student’s financial needs will be assessed based on the financial information that is provided by your family or guardian
Applicants will ensure that their study permit remains valid so as not to lose the scholarship. By that, you must ensure that your study permit matches the duration of their course program.
To be considered for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award:
- You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- The Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award is open to all students who are taking up UBC undergraduate degree programs
- The Scholarship is Need-Based and Merit-Based, and this means that applicants will have to demonstrate financial need that will otherwise prevent the student from studying in Canada and meet up with academic excellence required to stand a chance to win the award.
- Applicants must be international students looking to undertake an undergraduate program at the university.
- Applying students must ensure that they have completed high/secondary school education or transferring from their first year at a college or other university.
- Applicants must ensure they meet the admission requirement to study at the University of British Columbia.
- Applicants must also ensure that they are mentally and physically fit to study or to undertake a course program at the university.
- Students applying for a study permit must show proof of language proficiency. Applicants must ensure they present a written test result from a recognized language exam like IELTS, TOFEL, and so on.
- You can only apply for this scholarship from within Canada after you have the offer of admission in Canada.
All applications for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award are to be submitted online. Students are advised to submit their applications early before the deadline.
Applicants must first be nominated by their school, and submit a reference letter from an academic referee.
Submit your award application and complete the online application for admission to UBC by 1 December. You must meet the UBC English Language Admission Requirement by 1 February.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://you.ubc.ca/financial-planning/scholarships-awards-international-students/international-scholars/