Are you looking for an easy way to fund your studies in Canada? You have an opportunity to study at the University of British Columbia on a scholarship. The University of British Columbia is providing eligible students a bursary program.
Bursaries are non-repayable money issued to students who do have the funds to sponsor themselves through school.
Those who are eligible are Permanent Residents or Canadian Citizens who demonstrate financial need to the school can apply after they have obtained an offer for admission.
The University of British Columbia is a publicly owned university. It is considered one of the best in Canada and a top research academic institution currently ranked among the best 10 institutions in Canada.
The University of British Columbia since it was founded in 1908 has always strived to reduce the cost of education fall students and this has made them the favorite destination for international and domestic students alike.
The university is a public research university with various campuses around Vancouver and Kelowna in British Columbia. The school is also famous for attracting the brightest minds from within and around the world. And every year, thousands of international and domestic students apply to study in one of the best schools in Canada in one of the most famous provinces in Canada.
The University of British Columbia works very hard to ensure that students receive the best educations at a reduced cost. They have single-handedly sponsored several scholarships and bursary programs that provided full or partial tuition coverage
Brief Details of the Bursary Program at University of British Columbia, Canada
Application Deadline: September 15 and June 1.
Course Level: Bursaries are available for pursuing undergraduate programs.
Study Subject: Bursaries are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Nationalities: Canadian citizens are eligible to apply.
Number of Awards: Not Known
The award can be taken in Canada
Host Institution and Country:
The University of British Columbia;
Scholarship Sponsored by:
Level/Field of Study or Subject:
Bachelors, Masters, or Ph.D. Programs in a wide range of fields of study offered at Universities
Number of Scholarships Available:
Successful applicants will receive a financial benefit that covers:
- The bursary award provides with part if not half your tuition fee
The scholarship is open to only
- Applicants must be Canadian and Permanent residents studying or have recently received an offer of admission to study at the university
- Applicants must be both physically and mentally fit to undertake a course program in Canada
- Applicants who are not from countries whose first language is English will have to show or prove that they are proficient in English. A test proof such as IELTS and others are mostly required
- Applicants must first obtain an offer of admission from the university to be considered for the bursary program
- Applicants Must also demonstrate financial need and will ordinary not be able to afford to pay for their studies.
- Applying students must ensure that they are residing in Canada at the time.
Target Group: The bursary program is open to citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
Application Deadline: Shown on the official school page follow the link below to apply
How to Apply:
- To apply, students should proceed to log on to the school service center via this link, and then click on apply for a bursary.
- Applicants must also endeavor to provide all supporting documents which include academic transcripts of the previous school attended, and a language test result as proof of language proficiency.
- Applicants are advised to visit the website to submit a formal application for admission into the university
- Applicants who meet the requirements for the bursary program can submit a formal application through their website. You can click the “apply for scholarship” button to visit the scholarship page.
Scholarship Website and Application link(s):
Apply For Scholarship
The General Bursary Program is available to only students who UBC students. Hence, if you are getting into UBC straight from high school or you are transferring from another school and you have outstanding or unmet financial requirements, you should consider cutting in for the UBC bursary program. There are also other scholarships at UBC you could apply for supposing you want other alternatives.