International students from around the world are invited to apply for the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program that is provided at the University of Toronto. Students who have successfully gained admission to study in an undergraduate degree program are welcomed to apply for the scholarship.
Applicants must meet the requirements that make them eligible for the scholarship, this includes demonstrating academic excellent achievement during your previous high school studies. The requirements are all listed below, continue reading.
The scholarship award aims to help provide financial support to international students who have shown a good level of creativity, made an impact in society, and are recognized as leaders within their institution.
Special recognition and more emphasis are placed on applicants who before now have actively contributed to the advancement of the community where they reside and the global community in general.
University of Toronto, Canada
Level/Field(s) of study:
The scholarship is awarded for the Undergraduate program offered at the University.
Number of Scholarships:
Each year, approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
International students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools.
The scholarship will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years.
The Lester B. international student’s scholarship is target at students from any developing country, either male or female candidates:
- Who have completed a High School or Secondary education, and have obtained an excellent grade academic certificate.
- The applicant must be an international student requiring a study permit to study in Canada.
- Applicants must be nominated by their various high schools or secondary school.
- The candidate in question must be applying for a first undergraduate degree.
- There should also be other means of raising funds or you should have other available funds to take care of your other needs, of which you’d still require financial assistance to pursue your undergraduate studies.
- Applying candidates must have a valid Canadian student permit or visa, and who have obtained an offer for admission to study a full-time master’s program at the university.
- The scholarship is mostly awarded to undergraduate students with leadership skills and a good level of creativity.
- Applicants must be entering the first year or first term of their program to be eligible.
- The applicant must be beginning their studies at the university in September 2023.
- Applicants who are already enrolled for undergraduate studies will not be eligible to apply for this scholarship
Documents Required for this Scholarship
- Clear personal photo
- Essay (topic is stated on the application form)
- 2023 application form
- Personal essay statement
- Two recommendation letters
- A transcript from your secondary school
- Your secondary school grading is key to enabling the officials to review or interpret your grades
- The official result of your country’s national exam and the key to interpreting scores.
- Have a nomination letter from an eligible high school or secondary school.
- Applicants must also provide language test results as proof of language proficiency.
All applications for this scholarship must be concluded and submitted before or on the deadline of 30 November. The student admissions deadline is 15 December (you are recommended to apply before 7 November). The scholarship application deadline is 17 January next year.
Students will have to first receive nominations from their respective high schools (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application for nomination rights available here.)
After which, you can apply to study at the University of Toronto. You will have to fulfill all the requirements that allow you to become a student in Canada as well as the university. This includes having a valid study permit and a valid admission letter from the University.
After applying to the university and obtaining admission to study an undergraduate program, the university will beforehand receive your nomination, which will now make you eligible to apply for the Lester B. Pearson Scholarship. You can find more details on the university website or on the scholarship page using the link below.
Students can proceed to visit the official website (link found below) so as to have access to the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://uwaterloo.ca/graduate-studies-postdoctoral-affairs/awards/international-masters-award-excellence-imae